Once your session is booked we will send you our client information guides that contain everything you need to know about preparing for your session, including What to Wear and how to prepare your family, horse or dog.
We will also go over all the details and answer any questions you have at your Design and Planning Consultation before your session (either by phone or in person).
I accept a limited number of sessions per month so that I can provide my clients with the best service - this includes allowing time my scheduling each week for rescheduling in the event of extreme weather. Overcast days are wonderful for photography sessions as at any time of day as the lighting is nice and even.
I am located in Boyup Brook in the south west of Western Australia and regularly travel for portrait photography sessions throughout southern Western Australia including including Perth, Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton, Donnybrook, Bridgetown, Margaret River, Manjimup, Pemberton, Denmark, Northcliff, Kojonup, Katanning, Albany, York, Beverley, Narrogin, Brookton, Northam and surrounding regional and rural communities.
Travel Australia wide is also available.
The most beautiful, warm, golden light occurs in the last two hours before sunset, so this is when I prefer to schedule sessions. The light is also very beautiful in the first two hours after sunrise. During late autumn, winter and early spring when the light is softer, sessions can be booked during the day. Family sessions with little children are best booked for times that suit their normal schedule.
Unless there is plenty of big open shade areas, the middle of the day is not recommended in summer due to the strong shadows that the bright sun creates.
I present only the best of the best photos that meet my strict quality control. The number varies from session to session but I usually 75-100 photos from one session.
It would be a good idea to do some groundwork in the days leading up to your session so that your horse will stand still by your side for just a few seconds at a time. If your horse is the type to need working down before a show, then lunging, riding or paddock exercise several hours before the session is recommended. Don't worry I will work with you and your horse during the session to make sure your photos are beautiful!
Before you invest in pet portrait photography of your horse and dog, its important to ensure you choose the photographer who best suits your needs. The Design Consultation is an important part of my process as it allows us to meet so you can see if we are a good fit. I may be the right portrait photographer for you if:
- You want an experienced professional photographer who has horses, dogs and kids of their own and understands the challenges with each.
- You want a photographer who intuitively understands horses and dogs through a lifetime of personal experience with different breeds.
- You want a photographer who knows how to photograph your horse, dog and family at their very best.
- You lead a busy life and want the convenience of design and selection consultations in your own home.
- You want natural, authentic, personality filled images in beautiful outdoor locations.
- You want more than just digital images that will sit on your computer hard drive or usb to be forgotten, damaged or lost.
- You want expert art and design experience that you can rely on to create exactly what you want.
- You want beautiful, custom designed wall art that suits your unique personality, style and space.
- You want 100% Satisfaction and Product Guarantees.
- You want the best quality photographic finishes that are only available to professional photographers.
- You want a photographer who will travel to your favourite rural or urban location throughout Australia.